Chepping Wycombe Parish Council (CWPC) is situated in the Chilterns, in an area that encompasses the three communities of Tylers Green , on the northern hills, Loudwater , nestling in the valley and Flackwell Heath , on the southern hills. The area is made up of a combination of farming, light industry, retail shopping and residential areas. The nearest town is High Wycombe which is ideally positioned being both on the edge of an area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB) and near a close motorway link to the M40 and M4, and links to the M25 London outer ring road.
The Council was formed in 1894 (see history page), when the first elected Parish Council meeting took place after the handover from the parish overseer.
The Council is made up from elected or council-appointed representatives from the three areas, 17 councillors in total. They are unpaid, except for reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
Each village is an electoral ward where elections are held every four years. The Council is non-political although some members do belong to political parties. All the Councillors have strong links with the areas they represent. Many serve as the Council’s representatives on local organisations, such as resident’s societies and clubs supported by the Council. Councillors are appointed to serve on one or more of the Council’s four service committees; working together to serve and improve the community.
The Council is led a Chairman and Vice-chairman elected annually by members. The Council is served by a paid full-time Parish Clerk who manages the day-to-day running of the Council and of its staff. of two part time Assistant Clerks, a Council Warden and two groundsmen. Staffing Structure
Next: Council Land