Loudwater
Loudwater
Parish Council Owned or Maintained Land in Loudwater
Altona Road Cemetery
The first part of this land, an area of 2 acres, was purchased in 1924 for £300 for use as a burial ground. In 1929 1 acre of land to the north was purchased for £150 and a further 4.3 acres purchased in 1958 for £700. The total area now consists of 6.3 acres, 1 acre having been sold in 1931. Half the land was used as a cemetery and the other half was set aside for allotments. It was found that not all the land was required for allotments so part was let as horse grazing land. In 2001 the demand for allotments had declined and the site had became uneconomical to run so the few tenants were transferred to Flackwell Heath Allotment Site and the allotments let for grazing.
Beechwood Gardens Amenity Area
This is a small parcel of land designated as open space transferred from George Wimpey & Co in 1978 and a second area in 1979. The area has been planted with trees and shrubs and is maintained.
Boundary Road Recreation Ground
This land is held in two parts, the first under licence from Bucks County Council and the second by lease from Wycombe District Council. In 2000 a Youth Shelter was installed the cost of which was shared with the District Council. Play equipment was first installed in the 1990s.
Derehams Park
In 1980 a little over 14 acres of land was purchased for £17000 with the aim of fulfilling recreational needs in Loudwater. Major earth moving works were carried out in 1982 to provide level areas for the football pitches, tennis hard courts were constructed in 1985 and the pavilion completed in 1986. A bowls green was added in 1991, and a basketball court and six-a-side goals were installed in 1999.
Lower Kingsmead (Hedley Amenity Area)
In 1993 the Council leased land beside Knaves Beech Way in the dip beside the road leading from the motorway roundabout in Loudwater. This land was assigned in 1998 to the Parish. In 2001 the responsibility for maintenance of the roadside bank and the land at the end of Berkley Road became the responsibility of the Parish; this made one parcel of land.
Old Forge Bank
A narrow strip of land running alongside the River Wye was given to the council in 1977 by a developer.
Queensmead Road Amenity Area
Most of the land is owned by Wycombe District Council, which the Council lease. In 1992 the war memorial in St. Peters Churchyard was moved to this site, because of concerns about the memorial safety. The area of land on which it was located at the corner of Station Road and Queensmead Road was transferred to the Parish Council. The village sign was erected on this site in 2004.
Found an error, or have a question? Please contact us and we will be happy to help. Go to this page.
Next: Committees
