Tylers Green
General views of Tylers Green
Tylers Green
The map below is provided through Google Maps. It shows the various areas in the region where Chepping Wycombe Parish Council has an interest in the land. The areas are marked by both pins and polygons to indicate the location. Descriptions have been added to Google Maps and repeated below. Click on a pin or a area to find out more.
Parish Council Owned or Maintained Land in Tylers Green
Ashley Drive Allotments
The site has been used for allotments since before the Council was formed and was purchased in 1926 having previously been in the ownership of the Rose family amongst others. Part of the site was sold in 1961 to fund the construction of the Council Office and Depot. The site is now just under three acres and has 46 full size plots and 15 half size plots. The site is served by tracks and has three taps for watering and a shed for the storage of tools etc. Access is via two locked gates off Ashley Drive. Part of the site is leased to the Penn & Tylers Green Scouts and Guides for a nominal rent.
Ashley Drive Recreation Ground
The land was initially leased from Wycombe Rural District Council in 1953 and purchased in 1974 and is an area of just under four acres. The front part, on Ashley Drive, has a considerable range of children’s play equipment including a zip wire. There are also adult fitness pieces of equipment. The back part is used as a kick about area for football and includes a youth shelter. The site is served by all weather paths.
Chepping Wycombe Parish Council Offices
The site was developed in the early 1960’s. The ground floor of the offices has office accommodation for the staff and the upper floor has a large meeting chamber where the Council meetings are held and has facilities for public access. To the rear is the depot building and hardstanding where the equipment used for the maintenance of the Council’s estate based.
Hammersley Lane Cemetery
The cemetery was purchased in two parts in 1953 and in 1960. The cemetery is now closed for full burials with only a few plots left for cremated remains.
Cock Lane Cemetery
The site was purchased in 1954 for use as a cemetery. It is an area of about 4.3 acres and most of the site is consecrated land. The site has wonderful views over the valley and is in two levels with a small car park. The banks are dedicated to wildlife and flowers. The site has spaces for both interments and cremated remains.
Kingswood
The site was purchased in 1921 from the Corporation of Wycombe for a sum of £1,000 in part to save it from development and in part to preserve it as a public open space. This protection has been enhanced when the site gained Village Green status in 1975. The site is about 185 acres and is being maintained as a community woodland with full public access. There is a complicated network of footpaths and bridle paths. Some felling takes place to both keep clear some of the rides and paths and to deal with and dead or diseased trees. Car parks are to be found off Cock Lane and Kingswood Road and it can be accessed from both the Micklefield area and from Totteridge area.
Pond Wood Copse
This small copse was adopted by the Council in 1988 and is situated at the far end of Beacon Hill above the golf course.
Tylers Green Guide and Scout Hut
Located to the north of Ashley Drive Allotments. Part of the site is leased to the Penn & Tylers Green Scouts and Guides for a nominal rent.
Tylers Green Common
The common was part of the wastelands of the Manor of Bassetbury, later part of the holding of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners for England and leased to the Council in 1908. It was eventually purchased 1954 and is just over 25 acres. It is traditionally divided by Church Road into the Front Common, to the east and includes Widmer Pond, and the Back Common to the west. The whole area was given Village Green status in 1976 to give it further protection against development. A narrow strip adjoining Elm Road and including part of the pond is owned by Penn Parish Council but maintained by this Council.
The Front Common is mainly grassed but the Back Common has both grassed and wooded areas. The Back Common includes a line of trees which are dedicated to the fallen from Tylers Green in World War One and there is also an explanatory board.
Pistles Pond
Is part owned by this Council but is maintained by Penn Parish Council who own the other part.
Found an error, or have a question? Please contact us and we will be happy to help. Go to this page.
Next: Committees













